I’m fairly sure that I won’t be starting too many birthday celebrations bathing in a ¼ full potato pan in the vestibule of my Hilton of Base Camp tent…but regardless, a wonderful way to start my 35th birthday. The first proper wash in quite sometime, with an end result that would definitely be a contender for a ‘Head and Shoulders’ commercial (not Herbal Essences as I‘m sure that would alarm the boys!!). My usual clothes smelling ritual (eg. Going through my kit bag to see what smells the least) was also avoided as I decided to treat myself with a clean(ish)wardrobe and a fresh coat of lip gloss before heading to breakfast.
I was serenaded with a rendition of “Happy Birthday to You” by the Everest Philharmonic Orchestra before falling into the usual daily routine and banter. It was another gorgeous day - blue skies, sun and very light breeze.
From the back of my tent I have a perfect view of Everest. Clearly the all too allusive ‘weather window’ is still far away as a huge, long plume of snow can be seen blowing from the summit. It’s fascinating how much the mountain and associated weather patterns has changed over the course of the past few weeks… even days… as the jet-stream has come in.
A birthday treat…
That evening I was presented with a huge birthday cake with 35 candles and bright green and red icing while everyone sang, “Happy Birthday”. A fantastic birthday and the start of what I hope will be a year filled with continued health and happiness.
A huge Thank You to my amazing ‘welcome to the 21st century’ parents who rang me on Skype. I love you guys! And also a special thanks to my sister for the first proper girlie chat in what feels like an eternity..! Also a tremendous Thank You to all of my awesome friends for your emails and messages - you guys ROCK! Your messages of support mean the world to me and have made today extra, extra special!! xxx
| Celebrating my 35th with a wash.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment